Monday, February 26, 2007

"Assault Weapons" Ban

Some congressmen with nothing better to do are tyring to reinstate the "Assault weapons" ban. The previous Clinton-era ban expired in 2004 and numerous studies show that the ban had no effect on crime rates. This ban is purely based on the cosmetics of certain firearms, not on any logical thinking. Taking away firearms like AKs and ARs will leave the more PC firearms vulnerable to attack. Think your hunting rifle or fowling gun is safe, think again.

Even if you don't personally own firearms you should write. Reinstating the ban would be a direct assault on your constitutional rights as American citizens and if one right falls, it won't be long before others start to be taken away. The 2nd Ammendment protects all the others. Without it, you won't be able to protect your freedom of speech, religion or all the other rights we hold dear.

If you want some prime examples of how gun control fails, just look at the crime rates in the UK, Australia, or god forbid, Nazi Germany before and after dissarming their citizens.

Your congress is trying to tell you how much they think your life is worth. This is not something I ever want to see happen. They should work for us, not the other way around.

I urge you to write your congressman and politely ask them to not allow this law to pass.

I wrote mine. Below is a link from a blog I read on a daily basis with a sample letter and links to email address for congressmen.

Stand up for your rights. I'll fight for them.
Reub.
http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/2007/02/separating-potatos-from-poachers.html

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home